Location: Greenville, SC or Charlotte, NC
Job type: Full-time
This is an opportunity to architect, develop, implement, and maintain programs directly to local users. This non-traditional software development role is an ideal fit for an individual that wants maximum control of the design of projects, is motivated by seeing their ideas come to fruition, and desires a regular schedule, comfortable work environment, and benefits.
Formal degree preferred, but not required.
What do we offer?
- Championship Team environment. Daily coaching/mentoring to help grow professionals.
- Balance between professional and personal life (40 hours a week, M-F)
- Health Insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Nine annual paid holidays, five annual PTO (paid time off) days, and vacation days (five annually after one year of employment, ten after two years, and fifteen after five years)
- Special perks – Employee Ice Cream Fridays, Cookouts, Office Parties, Family Outings, and more!
80% software development + 20% internal user desktop support
- Working with a small programming team to design, develop, and support complex, enterprise-wide applications.
- Developing and maintaining in-house software including sales work-flow process.
- Collaborating on specialized projects and be responsible for meeting with management to define and design applications to meet the automation requirements of the entire company.
- Evaluating new technologies with the intent of implementation.
Required Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough, progressive, professional knowledge and experience in internet application design, user interface design, programming techniques, and programming languages.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of server side programming and have professional experience on at least one of the following languages: Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET, PHP, or similar, including design patterns and frameworks such as MVC.